Monday 4 September 2023

Goodbye car...hello electric bicycle

Whizz forward to 2023... and life is a little different.

Various ups and downs of life circumstances, a pandemic, and health issues, have led me here:

  • no longer the owner of motorised transport
  • the proud owner of the most amazing electric bicycle
  • a mother-in-law to Steph and grandmother of Sam and Zoe.

The Tern GSD with clubhouse is a vehicle worth writing about. So here I go. 

We bought one each in February 2022 at great expense - but they are replacing our car. The idea is that we can do all our shopping and carry grandchildren, and manage anything else we need to do for which a car is not essential.

This is my third electric bike and definitely the best. Battery technology has really advanced, so the battery is much smaller but takes me further. This is the first electric bike that really fits me. The riding position for my leg is good whilst still being able to touch the ground and stay in the seat when needed. Previously I had always had to hop off the saddle when stopping. The centre of gravity is really low, so it feels very safe and secure, and although it looks big it is in fact no longer than an ordinary bike.


Here's the family at a Kidical Mass event in May. Mine is the orange beast in the middle.

GSD S10: Our Most Popular Electric Cargo Bike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment