Thursday 25 August 2011

Bundu Camping and Caravan Park

Ahoy toilet block in the distance!
I had a good week in Cornwall at Surya Eco Yoga Camp.  All too soon it was time to go home.  I decided to break my journey again and leave on the Sunday evening, so that I would be home quite early on the Monday.  Please go to my Ngakma Nor'dzin blog for more information about this event.

I drove till I was getting close to the beginning of the M5 and followed a sign to a campsite.  I quite like simply following a sign to a site rather than booking in advance or hunting for a site in a brochure or online and then having to find it.  I like the spontaneity of turning off the road to an unknown site.

The site that I arrived at near Okehampton is called Bundu Camping and Caravan Park.  I did not like this as much as the site I stayed at on my outward journey.  I decided not to bother with electric hookup as I was only there for one night, it was an extra cost, and I had lived without electricity for a week already at the yoga camp.  This meant that I was on a pitch in what I found myself calling the 'poor end of the field'.  The pitch was okay—level and with water and bins nearby—but a long way from the facilities.  The site is long and thin with the facilities up the top end.

Reception and shop.
The lady who took my payment was coolly friendly and gave me a code for the toilet block.  I thought key pad entry for the facilities was a good idea.  There was also a shop at reception which would be convenient for a longer stay.  The toilet block was clean and well appointed and again I was able to have a hot shower without extra cost.

In the morning I was a bit startled when a man suddenly came into the ladies' facilities.  He was sorting out a problem for another camper, but I felt he should have ascertained that there was no one in there in a state of undress before he entered.

I was not too keen on this site.  I didn't feel welcomed.  The facilities were fine and there wasn't really anything wrong with it... I just wouldn't want to stay there for anything more than a journey's overnight stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment